Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt
Makes 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2″ wedges
- Cooked rice (for serving)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Fresh oregano, mint, and/or cilantro leaves (for serving)
Toast cumin and coriander seeds in a small dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Let cool, then finely chop. Toss lamb with cumin, coriander, paprika, garlic, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl to coat; season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill 15 minutes.
Whisk yogurt and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook lamb, tossing occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes per batch; transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.
Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring often, until beginning to brown and soften, about 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender and water is evaporated, about 3 minutes. Return lamb to skillet and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve lamb over rice, topped with yogurt, pomegranate seeds, pistachios, and herbs.
DO AHEAD: Lamb can be marinated 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.