SHEET-PAN CUMIN CHICKEN THIGHS WITH SQUASH, FENNEL, AND GRAPES
ACTIVE TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 acorn or delicata squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 1/4″ half moons
- 1 fennel bulb (about 1/2 pound), cut in half lengthwise, sliced into 1/4″ wedges with core intact
- 1/2 pound seedless red grapes (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- An 18×13″ rimmed baking sheet
Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 425°F. Mix brown sugar, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a small bowl. Toss squash, fennel, and grapes with oil and half of spice mixture on rimmed baking sheet and arrange in a single layer.
Rub chicken thighs with remaining spice mixture and arrange, skin side up, on top of fruit and vegetables. Roast until skin is browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of chicken registers 165°F, about 35 minutes; if chicken skin or vegetables start to burn, move pan to a lower rack to finish cooking.
Divide chicken, fruit, and vegetables among 4 plates and top with mint.