SPICY FEEL-GOOD CHICKEN SOUP
- 4 servings
- Spicy Chicken Stock
- 1 (2-pound) kabocha squash
- 4 cups thin wedges mixed cabbages (such as bok choy, Napa, and savoy)
- 4 cups cooked chicken (see Spicy Chicken Stock)
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Basil leaves, cilantro leaves with tender stems, and chili oil (for serving)
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 3 limes, cut into wedges
- Heat stock in a large pot over medium.
- Meanwhile, cut squash into 4 wedges and remove seeds. Cut each wedge into 4 pieces. Add squash to stock and simmer until tender, 8–10 minutes. Add cabbage and cooked chicken and cook until warmed through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide soup among bowls. Top with jalapeño and some basil and cilantro; drizzle with chili oil and finish with a pinch of ginger. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.